Brahamstra test paper no.31

 BRAHAMSTRA TEST PAPER NO.31

1.neither of them ........going to attend the party ๐ŸŽ‰ on 10th October.

A.is

B.are

C.were

D.have been

2.he walked five miles which ......really a great distance for a man like him who is not only old but also I'll.

A.are

B.were

C.is

D.have


3.either my colleague or a peon ......coming home ๐Ÿ  with the material today.

A.is

B are

C.have been

D.were

4.the introduction of tea , coffee and such other beverage .......... without some effect.

A have not been

B has not been

C.was not

D were not

5. the newer type of automatic machines .......clothes faster 

A.wash

B.washes

C are washing

D.were washing

6.each of the students in the computer class has to type .........own research paper this semester.

A his

B her

C.their

D.its

7.the secretary and principal ........attending the district development council meeting at the collectorate

A.is

B.are

C.were

D have been

8.it is I who ........to blame for this bad situation.

A.am

B.is

C .are

D.has

9.patience as well as Perseverance ...... necessary for success.

A.is

B.are

C.were

D.have

10.one of  .......... To become a ๐Ÿ’Š doctor.

A.my aspiration is

B.my aspiration are

C.my aspirations is

D.my aspirations are 

Find out appropriate phrasal verb of following words

11.broke down

During ramble speech 


A.laughed

B.enjoyed

C.failed

D.giggled 


12.reject

My  lucrative proposal 

A.turn up

B.turn down

C.called off

D.none of these


13.resist

The people ----resist---- arbitrary and despotism policy


A.let down

B.hold out

C.look upto

D.hold over


14.sell

I will .....my ๐Ÿก house


A.dipose off

B.dispose of

C.dispose at

D.dispose for


15.you should ........for a rainy day

A.put down

B.put into

C .put something by

D.put  something off


Write meaning of following PHRASES

16.take the wind out of my sails

---due to lack of preparation and slipshod english ---effect of speech 

A.made me think of the future

B.made me remember my past 

C.made my words or actions ineffective

D.made me depressed


17.blow hot and cold 

Before struggle and after success


A .being unfriendly and critical

B.being good and bad alternately

C.being friendly at one moment and unfriendly next

D.trying to cool the situation down and then Ranking it up again


18.made away with

Every person -----for his bread ๐Ÿž and butter ๐Ÿงˆ

A.earn

B.squandered

C.saved

D.ran away with


19.bare your threat

The hooligans ----perjury /subornation 

A to face difficulties

B.to threaten 

C.to be humble

D to contempt 


20.one in a blue moon 

I visit temple/he drinks like a ๐Ÿ  fish 

A.every now and then

B.once in a month

C.very rarely

D very frequently 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Corner stone class no.1 by adv.pankaj joshi

Corner stone class no.2 topic present continuous

ESSAY no.1 honour killing part 1